It will be 13 years ago the 29th that my dad passed away. I thought I would honor him today by putting him on flash back Friday. He was sometimes a not very nice guy but he was blind, had lost a leg, had a couple heart attacks and had diabetes since he was 5 so maybe a little of it was justified. He was funny at times though. I remember my sister was dating a guy named Dewey and the first time he came to pick her up my dad asked where Hewie and Lewie were. My sister didn't think it was very funny. He also asked my prom date if he knew the difference between and bull and a steer because he would be a steer if he touched his daughter in anyway on our date. That also wasn't funny then but it is funny now. He was a very hard worker and when he could still see he built our house that we lived in when I was a kid along with many others. He always had us working doing something. He wasn't a religious man but I hope he got proved wrong and he is now looking down on us with new eyes and a new leg. I just wish he could have met Brian and my kids. I'm sure he and Brian would have gotten along well. And the kids would have loved to hear his imitation of daffy duck:) Please excuse my crazy hair and faces in the pictures. Just so you know my sister wrote the poem that is below and it was on the back of the program for his funeral.Me and my dad at daddy daughter day!







3 comments:
That is very sweet! I love their wedding picture!!! It is so fun to find those old photos and see what they looked like back when. I am sure he would be very proud of you and your family. You are AWESOME! I heard someone say, that after a persons dies they are even more concerned about us. I am sure that he is watching out for you guy's and wants the best for you. It is very comforting to know that when we die we can receive our sight and the rest of us will be made perfect too. (my mother-in-law is blind, so I can kind of understand that.) I love the poem too....very nice tribute!
What a cute Dad. You have some great pictures of you with your Dad.
I can't believe how much you look like Krissa when you were little too.
Thanks for sharing. I love getting to know my friends better.
Post a Comment