Monday, August 17, 2009

Ice Caves in Idaho!

Since my brothers came up to help us move. (Thanks again guys) Brian took them up to Sun Valley while me and Amanda unpacked. When they got back we picked the kids up from Amanda (yes she was a life saver) and headed to the ice caves. When we lived here before we never made it to the caves I have to say they are pretty neat. At one point in the cave you are above 25 ft of ice. Its crazy what mother nature can do.
Paislee in the gift shop she kept trying to hide things behind her back and take them with her=)

The start of the cave tour.
This is where you start walking down towards the cave.
Darin,Krissa and our guide.
The temperature as you walk into the caves.
Some thousand year old Bear bones. They said this bear was perfectly intact in the ice only decaying as the ice melted.
Walking through the cave. At this point I was getting a little claustrophobic.
Brady kept saying he couldn't wait to get out of there and get warm again.
Some glowing stones
If you look close you can see a face in the rocks. I thought this was kinda creepy=)
Darin, Ray, Brian, Paislee and Krissa leaving the cave.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ralaina said...

I'm glad you got moved safely and your settled back in Idaho. That was really nice of Ray and Darrin to help out. I hope I can come visit some time. Good Luck with the new school year! Talk to ya soon.