Sunday, May 17, 2009

The day started out really good....

Krissa, Brady and I went to church and for a bike ride while Brian took Paislee on the boat. Brian said she was really good and I think we all had a good time..

And then we decided to go on a ranger ride. We got all the way to the top and yep that's right the ranger broke down. And do to the fact that none of our neighbor friends answered their phones and Mitchell hadn't made it back from duchesne yet. We had to walk around 5 miles off the mountain. Brady and I were in flip flops so he spent most of his time on Brian's shoulders. Brian said if he would have had flip flops on we would have had to have called search and rescue, because fat men with flip flops and sensitive feet don't mix. haha The kids were actually pretty good. Brady was telling me he was thirsty so I told him to pretend there was a gas station and tell me what he wanted. He said "how about some of that brake fluid stuff that dad needs to make the ranger work". Ha ha Paislee kept wanting to walk but we would still be up there if she would have. The kids should sleep good tonight.

At one point Brian was holding Paislee and had Brady on his shoulders. He is much stronger than me.

Krissa was a real trouper. She walked down, didn't ever ask to be carried, and even said she wasn't really tired when we got to the bottom.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anne said...

I'm glad you were able to make it down okay! Sorry, that makes for an interesting adventure though.

Amanda said...

Oh my heck are you kidding? What a nightmare! Hope you sleep good tonight too:)

Malisa said...

On my! I'm glad you made it down safely! What a trip! I bet you are all tired and ready for bed.

Kristin and Jay said...

I'm glad you had to walk down and not up! Now THAT would have really been a disaster =) Off the subject, but as I am typing this all I can see underneath the box is a picture of Edwards chest. YUMMY! =)

Ann said...

cutest kids

Baum Family said...

Hay at least you had your camera :)
You guys have good sense of humor about it all, someday you'll look back and really laugh :)

Just Us said...

Krissa is a trooper. My kids would of been begging to be carried. I hope you all went home and took a nice, long nap.

Norris Fam said...

And to top it off...it looks like a big muddy mess! I'm glad you lived to tell about it and didn't get eaten by a mountain lion or something :)