Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wrestling kids and fish.....

We started our Saturday pretty early by driving to Jerome for a wrestling tournament. Brady did great. He won 1 out of 3 but hey at least he won one and he had a great time doing it=)
We had planned the night before to take the boat with us so we could stop in Hagerman and go fishing. I have to admit I doubted it would be very warm but I was pleasantly surprised when it was 55 degrees and no wind.
Daddy's little girl learning to fish.
Sometimes the kids get bored and we have to break out the DVD player but I say whatever keeps them quiet right.
I wonder if we were the only boat on the snake river equipped with its own potty=)
Again when you are on a boat you have to be creative but the kids seem to love playing with the little plastic fishing lures=)
The fish above is the one Brian caught the fish below is the one Brady caught. Since Brady's was a little bigger he told Brian "If I were you I would be humiliated" haha
Note to self: Don't stand up to take a picture with your hat on as Brian zooms across the lake, because you will almost lose the hat in the lake. Luckily we had this big net and were able to turn around and grab it before it sunk.
Overall it was a great day on the boat. When Brian first bought the boat I was a little skeptical because lets face it I'm not a water fan. But it has turned into something fun we can do as a family. The kids love the water and I love relaxing in the sun. And we all know Brian loves fishing. Its great for him to have a boat and hobby that he truly loves=)

1 comment:

Norris Fam said...

Love the kids watching the DVD...I'm glad you saved your hat!