Friday, March 19, 2010

Vacation Days 4 and 5.....Winchester mystery house,california science museum


Since day 4 was St Patricks day the kids woke up and found a box of Lucky Charms that mysteriously showed up over night. Was it a leprechaun or maybe Amanda thinking ahead. We will never know...


Next we went to the Winchester Mystery house. Sadly you could only take pictures on the outside and in the gun museum so there aren't many. But it really was a fascinating house with stairs that led to nowhere and doors that opened to walls. It has 160 rooms something like 47 fireplaces,13 bathrooms and 1 shower.


On the way home Amanda had told us about this cool little park right next to an ice cream shop so we stopped by. The kids loved it. Especially Paislee I think the train (pictured above) was the highlight of her vacation. Doesn't take much to win a 2 year old over.


I swear this little girl cannot take a bad picture=)




The next day we were off to the California Science Museum



I think this little boy was getting really sick of me saying smile, stand here, go there,look at the camera....


I tried to get brian to sit by this Anaconda but he said that would be stupid. Really I know how much he hates snakes and I think he just plain didn't want to be that close to one. Can't say that I blame him. Pretending to swim with the fishes.





After the science museum, and after loosing satellite reception on our GPS through the tall buildings of san fran and some very windy roads we made it to the Golden Gate bridge. If I look a little sick in the face its because I was. One look over the bridge and I literally felt like I would throw up. Just as I told brian this he says imagine how paislee feels. I look over and she is on his shoulders looking over the bridge. After having a small heart attack I moved him away from the edge. Lets just say I don't love heights and we didn't spend much time on the bridge.







Our last night in CA we offered to let Amanda and Josh go out on a much needed date. Which worked out great for us because we just took all the kids to the park and enjoyed the sun and then went back to their house where we just chilled and watched T.V. after days of walking it felt great. And our kids all play together so well it was nice to let the kids play with their friends.









We had a great time in Ca in fact even after we drove 12 hrs in one day to get home. Krissa was asking when we could go back. I'm happy to say a lot of the snow is missing from my yard and I'm hoping that means spring is around the corner.

3 comments:

Christie said...

It looks like you had a great time, got some great pictures and Im glad you made it home safely!!

Barlow Fam said...

Ok, now I'm planning my next trip to CA. Looks like fun, I've heard of the Winchester Mystery House but never been there. I'll have to check it out.

Amanda said...

My house is way too quiet now, and I haven't cooked a dang thing! Time went way too fast!