We went to Aspen campground this weekend with Brian’s parents, brothers, and Grandma Mortensen. It was great to get together with everyone and the weather was beautiful. The kids spent their time having water fights, shooting bb guns and sling shots,riding bikes and coloring. The adults went on a hike and just relaxed it was great.
Brady thought he could find a better way back to camp from the river… but as you can see from the mud on his butt, feet and hands it wasn’t the best way. haha
I would say Paislee spent 90% of her time playing in the dirt. She made many different pretend meals with dirt. Like spaghetti with marshmallows and chocolate cake with marshmallows.
Chewy the bandit.
Brent, Zach, Bethany, Tyler
Brian, Terrie, Larry, Kim
Paislee got tired both nights and headed to the camper early to watch movies with chewy.
We hiked up the hill by Aspen campground and almost made it to the cave. It was beautiful up there.
See the rocks just below and to the right of the cave that’s as far as we made it. The rocks seemed a little to unstable for us to want to try it.
Mowgli
Brian helped Dylan carve Chuck 74-11 in the tree in honor of Brandon.
When we went back to camp I helped the kids find the lolly pop tree. They get so excited to find lolly pops on a random tree around camp.
I couldn’t pass up taking a picture of chewy and Grandpa Shawn with their dew rags on. haha
Left Back Row-Kim,Larry, Kara, Brian,Brent, Bethany, Zach, Tyler
Left Front Row-Brady, Krissa, Nancy, Terrie, Paislee, Shawn, Dylan
I have to admit I cried a little after taking this photo of Dylan and his grandma and grandpa. Because it hit me right then that Brian’s brother Brandon was missing from all the pictures. We miss him.
Larry and Kim
3 comments:
What a special weekend! I know it's hard to know that there's a piece of the puzzle that's missing. Sad, but what a way to carry his memory, to have a blast!
How much fun!! The picture of your kids at the end is SO cute.
WOW! You got some REALLY great pictures! What a treasure blogs are. :) I forgot how much I love looking at yours {{{HUGS}}}
Post a Comment