Monday, July 25, 2011

The Accident

camping aspen 122

 

We were so sad to hear Brian's parents had been in a accident. They were riding Terries scooter when the tire blew out causing them to be ejected from the scooter. Shawn has 4 broken ribs, a fractured collar bone and elbow and lots of road rash. He did have a chest tube (which they were removing tonight) from a collapsed lung.  He was in good spirits and finally got to have the popsicle he had been asking for all day. Terrie had brain surgery yesterday to alleviate the swelling on her brain from a brain bleed which went just as they planned. She had a stint put in her aorta today which went well too. She does have a couple other stints that may need to be done in her neck but they need her head injuries to be more stable for them to do those. She is in a coma and the Dr.s say that we just wait and hope and pray for the best. She has a a little movement in her arms and legs which is a good sign. We just ask for prayers and are so grateful for all the support we have been given.

7 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

I am so sorry you are all having to go through this huge trial. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anne said...

SO SORRY, KARA! That is just awful! I hope that you continue to receive good reports. I don't know them, but they sound like GREAT people! We will keep your family in our prayers!

Norris Fam said...

Definitely in our prayers! Send us updates...

Tina said...

I am so sorry. We will definitely be praying for all of you and especially for Brian's parents.

Baum Family said...

So sorry Kara.. I will pray too. Hope you and Brian or doing okay as well. They are just neat people, Every time I see her in Al's she goes our of her way to talk to me.. What a sweet lady..

Mackaroni said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. stay strong! Love, Ang

Just Us said...

I am so sorry. We are all praying for all of you. Love you!