Thursday, April 22, 2010

All dogs go to heaven.....

All dogs go to heaven that's what Brian told the kids tonight over dinner after we found out today that penny has bone cancer. A couple months ago she was injured in a recliner chair accident and then proceeded to get a bigger and bigger lump on her hip. Brian took her to the vet yesterday for a re-xray and they called today to tell me it was cancer and that she probably has had bone cancer for awhile and that's why her hip broke so easy in the accident. They pretty much said just to give her pain pills until it becomes to much and then we will have to put her down. I have spent most of the night crying. Even Brady got big tears in his eyes when we told him. I'm going to miss my Penny.

5 comments:

Malisa said...

Awwww! I'm so sorry! It is so hard to lose a pet! Your in my prayers!

Just Us said...

Kara, I am so sick about this. I am so, so sorry. You are in my prayers too.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oh Kara! I'm so so sorry!

Norris Fam said...

Poor little doggie. She is such a sweetie. Those darn recliner chairs!

Baum Family said...

Sorry Kara..
Funny how much we love those animals. Big hugg for you and you kids..