Friday, June 8, 2012

This is the place monument

this is the place 001

Since Brady was supposed to go to This is the place monument on a school field trip and was unable to go due to some funeral planning, I told him we would go this summer. I happened to see that today was free admission day so we loaded up and went.

this is the place 003this is the place 004this is the place 005

Proof I was there =)

this is the place 007this is the place 009

The kids kneading dough.

this is the place 012

Krissa and Brady playing with some toys that kids had way back then.

this is the place 017this is the place 019this is the place 021

I loved this building. Mostly because it reminded me of Little house and the prairie.

this is the place 024

A statue showing the saints in prayer giving thanks for their safe arrival to Zion.

this is the place 027this is the place 028this is the place 030this is the place 033

We were looking at this picture of the Donner Party and Paislee pointed out the little kid on the right. She said “did he die”. I said yes and then the rest of them ate him. My kids were really confused. I thought I was funny.

this is the place 035

Along with free admission day they gave out  free ice-cream. Yumm

this is the place 040this is the place 042this is the place 043this is the place 055

this is the place 059

As we walked in the petting zoo I told the kids to pet this lamb. They wouldn’t at first because they thought it was dead. When really it was just exhausted from the heat. I had to show them it was breathing. haha

this is the place 062this is the place 063this is the place 067this is the place 072this is the place 074this is the place 075

Brady used his chore money to buy this raccoon tail. Go figure.

this is the place 076

We caught a ride on  this old fire truck to the fire station.

this is the place 079

The kids standing in front of the first fire truck. It says “with muscle and water” on it.

this is the place 083this is the place 085

We had a great day and even better it was free =)

1 comment:

Just Us said...

I love that place. Now you need to go around Halloween. It becomes the haunted village and it's so much fun.