Sunday, June 27, 2010

Camping Alturas

We went camping at Alturas lake this weekend and it was beautiful. The weather was great and we all have a great time. Summer in Idaho is the best=)
Looking for firewood. Since Brady insists on goofy faces I just took this one and ignored him.In a kinda bad mom way. I was taking pictures of him on this log hoping (just a little) that he would fall. But he didn't=)
Paislee was just happy to have some dirt and her shovels.
This tree stump below was just a plain old tree stump. By the time the kids were done stacking wood on the stump it became their nature club.
We could have taken a tour through this gold dredger but it would have been $20 so we passed and moved on to the gold panning and ghost town.
Custer Ghost Town
As soon as I saw this old doll carriage with a baby in it. I pointed it out to Paislee and show her how it said not to touch. She said "But can I have that baby for kismas (Christmas)."
They had some old catalogs from the 1900's there. This one shows that you could buy some fancy boots for $4 and a corset for 50 cents.
I thought this head stone was pretty funny. He was either 55 or 60 and cause of death was over drunk=)
We got to tour all the old houses which had old furniture and tubs in them. Each house or place on the map had a plaque explaining who had lived there and a little history about it. It was actually a really neat place to visit.
The kids got to pan for gold and actually got a few tiny specks of gold. Paislee got the biggest piece but she was more excited just playing in the water.
Brady wanted to find a big gold nugget and sale it so he could buy a new video game. Krissa with her gold If you are ever up by Stanley ID you should check out this place. They had a big map for people to put a pin in saying where they were from. There were people from Austria and Alaska that had been there.
Brady was pretty tired after a morning of tormenting his sisters.
Off to the Beach.
I just had to include this picture of Paislee with her cute little or should I say big bum=) Whats even funnier is her walking around camp singing "I like big butts and I cannot lie"

It was so nice to sit in the sand and watch the kids play in the water. If you only knew how cold this water was (imagine a ice cold glass of water) you would appreciate the kids faces. They didn't seem to care. We only had one fight at the beach because brady wrecked Paislee's sand castle. When I asked him why he said "because I'm a bully". What a little turd.
I just had to take a picture of the beautiful popcorn I made in my camper microwave. I love my new generator=) We ended up making hershey bar pancakes this time and when Brian offer Brady a glass of milk he said "no thanks I don't want to wash this taste out of my mouth ".
On our way home we saw these planes at the small airport there and each one had a tent by it. I happened to see a lady walking by going toward them. I asked if one was hers and if they just camped there. She said "actually we just flew back from staying in the back country and stopped here for breakfast. Sounds pretty awesome to me=)

Almost forgot Brady's awesome video=)

5 comments:

Christie said...

Awesome pics, looks like you guys had LOTS of fun!
Thanks for sharing =)

Amanda said...

Oh that is so pretty. I will miss Red Fish this year. Especially getting so sunburned in the cool mountain air. If you guys like ghost town stuff there is a huge town south of Boise. My dad's been there and said it was really cool.
See ya soon.

Defa's said...

Cute pictures. Looks so pretty up there.

Kristin and Jay said...

k I definitely need to go there. I love that kind of stuff! Ooooh, it makes me so excited for this summer. Alturas and Red Fish here we come!

Norris Fam said...

Holy cow you guys have been busy!

Love your family pictures (and your cute dark hair).

Love Paislee's little/big bum!

Love that you were just waiting for Brady to fall of the log.

Love Krissa covering everyone's eyes in the picture of you and Brian kissing.

Love Idaho in the summer!

Love the Peatross family!!!