Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

This year for memorial day along with flowers I thought it would be a good idea for us all to write on balloons to our loved ones and send them off to heaven. The kids really got into and it turned out to be a great experience for us all.

memorial day 002memorial day 003

My Dads headstone. I just realized today that my dad passed when he was 57. Brians dad passed at 52 and his mom at 55. All way to young.

memorial day 004memorial day 005

I got tears in my eyes when I read what Brian wrote on my dads balloon “Thank you for giving me such a great wife I will be sure to treat her great for the rest of my life.” I’m pretty sure my dad would love that. I know I do. Krissa wrote “Even though I never knew you I know you would have been a great grandpa.”

memorial day 008memorial day 009

I made sure to write on terries that it was from her favorite daughter in law. I knew she would love that.

memorial day 010

The bench Mitchell and Larry made last year for Larry and Brandon. We put our hands in it last year when they did the concrete. This year they just added Terries name. It turned out really nice.

memorial day 011

We were happy to see Terries headstone had been placed before memorial day. It turned out so pretty.

memorial day 012memorial day 013memorial day 014memorial day 016

We released two balloons one for Terrie and one for Brandon.

memorial day 017memorial day 019memorial day 020memorial day 021

We sat at the cemetery for awhile and then Heath and Kerrie invited us to a BBQ. It was nice to hang out with the family.

memorial day 022memorial day 024

Brian's Dad and Grandpa Peatross’s headstones.

memorial day 025memorial day 026

No comments: